This morning at Proffitt's Prairie was extremely hot and humid... I didn't know that I was even capable of sweating as much as I did this morning. We ended up closing up at 1020 with only 20 birds (a season low for the site), the birds today seemed to be like us- not wanting to move around a whole lot in the heat.
Unfortunately, once again we were not able to meet up with the Hellbender research team this afternoon. We will have one more shot to go out with them, or else we may end up going out to try and find some ourselves within the next week or so.
20 individuals, 13 species
Bunting, Indigo 2
Cardinal, Northern 3
Chat, Yellow-breasted 1
Hummingbird, Ruby-throated 1
Ovenbird 1
Parula, Northern 1
Vireo, Red-eyed 1
Vireo, White-eyed 2
Warbler, Blue-winged 1
Warbler, Kentucky 3
Wood-Pewee, Eastern 2
Wooodpecker, Downy 1
Yellowthroat, Common 1
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment