Today Karen and I ended up getting rained out halfway through the morning at Laughlin Bottoms, but luckily we were just able to get in the minimum daily time requirement. We did catch 14 birds however:
Bunting, Indigo 1
Chat, Yellow-breasted 3
Ovenbird 1
Parula, Northern 1
Vireo, White-eyed 2
Warbler, Kentucky 5
Yellowthroat, Common 1
Karen's dad and brother visited all afternoon, and her dad took us all out to a very good afternoon dinner about 1420 at a restaraunt called the Sirloin Stockade, which is a reasonably priced steak buffet. It was absolutely declicous, they had steak, ribs, fried chicken, pizza, salads, fruit, etc. all for 10 bucks a person. I am still full now 5 hours later!
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi, Michael,
ReplyDeleteHappy July 4th! I'm glad you got a great holiday dinner. The fireworks are going off right now in Pinehurst, and Mr. Luck thinks it's thundering. Hope you have better weather tomorrow.